71. Joo Yong Woo, Kwang Ju Jeong, Yong Jin Kim and Kyung-Hee Paek (2016)
CaLecRK-S.5, a pepper L-type lectin receptor kinase gene, confers broad-spectrum resistance by activating priming.
Journal of Experimental Botany. 2016 Oct;67(19):5725-5741.
70. Sung Un Huh*, Gil-Je Lee, Ji Hoon Jung, Yunsik Kim, Yong Jin Kim & Kyung-Hee Paek (2015)
Capsicum annuum transcription factor WRKY a positively regulates defense response upon TMV infections and is a substrate
of CaMK1 and CaMK2
Scientific Reports. 2015 Jan 23;5:7981. doi: 10.1038/srep07981
69. Sung Un Huh and Kyung-Hee Paek (2013)
Plant RNA binding proteins for control of RNA virus infection
Frontiers in Physiology 2013 4(397):1-5
68. Sung Un Huh and Kyung-Hee Paek (2013)
Role of Arabidopsis Pumilio RNA binding protein 5 in virus infection
Plant Signaling & Behavior 2013 8(5):e23975-1 ~ e23975-4
67. Sung Un Huh, Min Jung Kim and Kyung-Hee Paek (2013)
Arabidopsis Pumilio protein APUM5 suppresses Cucumber mosaic virus infection via direct binding of viral RNAs
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) 2013 110(2):779-784
66. Sung Un Huh, La Mee Choi, Gil-Je Lee, Young Jin Kim, Kyung-Hee Paek (2012)
Capsicum annuum WRKY transcription factor d (CaWRKYd) regulates hypersensitive response and defense response upon
Tobacco mosaic virus infection
Plant Science 2012 197(1):50-58
65. Sung Un Huh, Suk-Bae Lee, Hwang Hyun Kim, and Kyung-Hee Paek (2012)
ATAF2, a NAC Transcription Factor, Binds to the Promoter and Regulates NIT2 Gene Expression Involved in
Molecules and Cells 2012 34(3):305-313
64. Seol Ah Noh, Haeng-Soon Lee, Gyung Hye Huh, Mi-Joung Oh, Kyung-Hee Paek, Jeong Sheop Shin, Jung Myung Bae (2012)
A sweetpotato SRD1 promoter confers strong root-, taproot-, and tuber-specific expression in arabidopsis, carrot, and potato
Transgenic Research 2012 21(2):265-278
63. Sung Un Huh, Ki-Jeong Kim, Kyung-Hee Paek (2012)
Capsicum annuum basic transcription factor 3 (CaBtf3) regulates transcription of pathogenesis-related genes during
hypersensitive response upon Tobacco mosaic virus infection
Biochemecial Biophysical Research Communications 2012 417(2):910-917
62. Sung Un Huh, Min Jung Kim, Byung-Kook Ham and Kyung-Hee Paek (2011)
A zinc finger protein Tsip1 controls Cucumber mosaic virus infection by interacting with the replication complex on vacuolar
membranes of the tobacco plant
New Phytologist 201108 191(3):746-762
61. Jee Hyuck Lim, Chang-Jin Park, Sung Un Huh, La Mee Choi, Gil Je Lee, Young Jin Kim, Kyung-Hee Paek (2011)
Capsicum annuum WRKYb transcription factor that binds to the CaPR-10 promoter functions as a positive regulator in
innate immunity upon TMV infection
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications 2011 411(3):613-619
60. Hyo Jun Park, Chang Seob Kwon, Joo-Yong Woo, Gil-Je Lee, Young Jin Kim and Kyung-Hee Paek (2011)
Suppression of UDP-glycosyltransferase-coding Arabidopsis thaliana UGT74E2 Gene Expression Leads to Increased
Resistance to Psuedomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 Infection
The Plant Pathology Journal 201106 27(2):170-182
59. Yun Hee Jang, Hyo-Young Park, Soon-Kap Kim, Jeong Hwan Lee, Mi Chung Suh, Young Soo Chung, Kyung-Hee Paek
and Jeong-Kook Kim (2009)
Survey of Rice Proteins Interacting With OsFCA and OsFY Proteins Which Are Homologous to the Arabidopsis Flowering
Time Proteins, FCA and FY
Plant and Cell Physiology. 2009, 50(8): 1479-1492
58. Boo-Ja Lee, Sung-Kyu Kim, Soo Bok Choi, Jungdon Bae, Ki-Jeong Kim, Young Jin Kim, Kyung-Hee Paek (2009)
Pathogen-inducible CaUGT1 is involved in resistance response against TMV infection by controlling salicylic acid accumulation
FEBS Letters. 2009 Jul 7;583(13):2315-20. Epub 2009 Jun 21.
57. Yong Jin Kim , Chang-Jin Park, Byung-Gook Ham, Kyung-Hee Paek (2009)
Involvement of the Fas-associated Factor1 Orthlog, CaFAF1, in Regulating Programmed Cell Death in Plants
Journal of PlantBiology. April2009, Volume 52, Issue 2, pp125-134
56. Ki-Jeong Kim, Jee Hyuck Lim, Min Jung Kim, Taesung Kim, Hyen Mi Chung ang Kyung-Hee Paek (2008)
GDSL-lipase1 (CaGL1) contributes to wound stress resistance by modulation of CaPR-4 expression in hot pepper
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2008 Oct 3;374(4):693-8. Epub 2008 Aug 3
55. Min Jung Kim, Sung Un Huh, Byung-Kook Ham and Kyung-Hee Paek (2008)
A novel methyltransferase methylates Cucumber mosaic virus 1a protein and promotes systemic spread
Journal of Virology 2008 May;82(10):4823-33. Epub 2008 Mar 5
54. Ki-Jeong Kim, Jee Hyuck Lim, Sanghyeob Lee, Young Jin Kim, Soo Bok Choi, Min Kyung Lee, Doil Choi and
Kyung-Hee Paek (2007)
Functional study of Capsicum annuum fatty acid desaturase 1 cDNA clone induced by Tobacco mosaic virus via microarray
and virus-induced gene silencing
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications. 2007 Oct 26;362(3):554-61. Epub 2007 Jul 26
53. Boo-Ja Lee, Sun Jae Kwon, Sung-Kyu Kim, Ki-Jeong Kim, Chang-Jin Park, Young-Jin Kim, Ohkmae K. Park and
Kyung-Hee Paek (2006)
Functional study of hot pepper 26S proteasome subunit RPN7 induced by Tobacco mosaic virus from nuclear
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications. 2006 Dec 15;351(2):405-11. Epub 2006 Oct 23
52. Min Jung Kim, Hwa Ran Kim and Kyung-Hee Paek(2006)
Arabidopsis tonoplast proteins TIP1 and TIP2 interact with the cucumber mosaic virus 1a replication protein
The journal of general virology. 2006 Nov;87(Pt 11):3425-31
51. Boo-Ja Lee, Chang-Jin Park, Sung-Kyu Kim, Ki-Jeong Kim and Kyung-Hee Paek (2006)
In vivo binding of hot pepper bZIP transcription factor CabZIP1 to the G-box region of pathogenesis-related protein 1 promoter
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications. 2006 May 26;344(1):55-62.
50. Byung-Kook Ham, Jeong Mee Park, Suk-Bae Lee, Min Jung Kim, In-Ju Lee, Ki-Jeong Kim, Chang Seob Kwon, and
Kyung-Hee Paek (2006)
Tobacco Tsip1, a DnaJ-Type Zn Finger Protein, Is Recruited to and Potentiates Tsi1-Mediated Transcriptional Activation
Plant Cell. 2006 Jul 14
49. Youn-Sung Kim, Byung-Kook Ham, Kyung-Hee Paek, Chung-Mo Park, and Nam-Hai Chua (2006)
An Arabidopsis Homologue of Human Seven-in-Absentiainteracting Protein Is Involved in Pathogen Resistance
Molecules. Cells, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 389-394
48. Young-Cheol Kim, Soo-Yong Kim, Kyung-Hee Paek, Doil Choi, Jeong Mee Park (2006)
Suppression of CaCYP1, a novel cytochrome P450 gene, compromises the basal pathogen defense response of pepper plants
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 345 (2006) 638–645
47. Kim MJ, Ham BK, Paek KH (2006)
Novel protein kinase interacts with the Cucumber mosaic virus 1a methyltransferase domain.
Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications. 2006 Feb 3;340(1):228-35. Epub 2005 Dec 9
46. Kim KJ, Park CJ, Ham BK, Choi SB, Lee BJ, Paek KH (2006)
Induction of a cytosolic pyruvate kinase 1 gene during the resistance response to Tobacco mosaic virus in Capsicum annuum.
Plant Cell Reports. 2006 Apr;25(4):359-64. Epub 2005 Dec 20.
45. Lee SB, Ham BK , Park JM , Kim YJ, Paek KH (2006)
BnNHL18A shows a localization change by stress-inducing chemical treatments
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 339 (2006) 399–406
44. Park CJ, Shin YC, Lee BJ, Kim KJ, Kim JK and Paek KH. (2005)
A hot pepper gene encoding WRKY transcription factor is induced during hypersensitive response to Tobacco mosaic virus and
Planta. 2006 Jan;223(2):168-79. Epub 2005 Dec 9
43. Kim MJ, Ham BK, Kim HR, Lee IJ, Kim YJ, Ryu KH, Park YI and Paek KH. (2005)
In vitro and in planta interaction evidence between Nicotiana tabacum thaumatin-like protein 1 (TLP1) and
Cucumber mosaic virus proteins.
Plant Molecular Biology (2005) 59:981–994
42. Kim KJ, Park CJ, An JM, Ham BK, Lee BJ, and Paek KH. (2005)
CaAlaAT1 catalyzes the alanine: 2-oxoglutarate aminotransferase reaction during the resistance response against
Tobacco mosaic virus in hot pepper.
Planta. 2005 Aug;221(6):857-67. Epub 2005 Mar 22.
41. Yoo TH, Park CJ, Ham BK, Kim KJ, and Paek KH (2004)
Ornithine decarboxylase gene (CaODC1) is specifically induced during TMV-mediated but salicylate-independent
resistant response in hot pepper.
Plant Cell Physiol. 2004 Oct;45(10):1537-42
40. Park CJ, An JM, Shin YC, Kim KJ, Lee BJ, and Paek KH (2004)
Molecular characterization of pepper germin-like protein as the novel PR-16 family of pathogenesis-related proteins isolated
during the resistance response to viral and bacterial infection.
Planta. 2004 Sep;219(5):797-806. Epub 2004 Jun 8.
39. Shin R, An JM, Park CJ, Kim YJ, Joo S, Kim WT, and Paek KH. (2004)
Capsicum annuum tobacco mosaic virus-induced clone 1 expression perturbation alters the plant's response to ethylene
and interferes with the redox homeostasis.
Plant Physiology. 2004 May;135(1):561-73. Epub 2004 Apr 23.
38. Park CJ, Kim KJ, Shin R, Park JM, Shin YC, and Paek KH. (2004)
Pathogenesis-related protein 10 isolated from hot pepper functions as a ribonuclease in an antiviral pathway.
Plant Journal. 2004 Jan;37(2):186-98
37. Shin R, Kim MJ, and Paek KH. (2003)
The CaTin1 (Capsicum annuum TMV-induced clone 1) and CaTin1-2 genes are linked head-to-head and share
a bidirectional promoter.
Plant Cell Physiology. 2003 May;44(5):549-54.
36. Shin R, Park CJ, An JM, and Paek KH. (2003)
A novel TMV-induced hot pepper cell wall protein gene (CaTin2) is associated with virus-specific hypersensitive
Plant Molecular Biology. 2003 Mar;51(5):687-701
35. Shin R, Park JM, An JM, and Paek KH. (2002)
Ectopic expression of Tsi1 in transgenic hot pepper plants enhances host resistance to viral, bacterial,
and oomycete pathogens.
Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions. 2002 Oct;15(10):983-9.
34. Yoo TH, Park CJ, Lee GJ, Shin R, Yun JH, Kim KJ, Rhee KH, and Paek KH. (2002)
A hot pepper cDNA encoding ascorbate peroxidase is induced during the incompatible interaction with virus and bacteria.
Molecules Cells. 2002 Aug 31;14(1):75-84
33. Park CJ, Shin R, Park JM, Lee GJ, Yoo JS and Paek KH. (2002)
Induction of Pepper cDNA encoding a lipid transfer protein during the resistance response to tobacco mosaic virus.
Plant Molecular Biology. Vol. 48: 243-254 (2002)
32. Lee GJ, Shin R, Park CJ, Yoo TH, and Paek KH. (2001)
Induction of a Pepper cDNA SAR8.2 Protein during the Resistance Response to Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
Molecules and Cells. Vol. 12. No. 2: 250-256 (2001)
31. Shin R, Park CJ, and Paek KH. (2001)
A Translation Elongation Factor 1A(CaEF1A) Gene from Hot Pepper(Capsicum ammuum L.) is Induced by
the Tobacco Mosaic Virus and by Wounding.
Journal of Plant Biology. Vol. 44(4):199-204 (2001)
30. Park JM, Park CJ, Lee SB, Ham BK, Shin R and Paek KH. (2001)
Overexpression of the Tobacco Tsi1 Gene Encoding an EREBP/AP2-Type Transcription Factor Enhances Resistance
Against Pathogen Attack and Osmotic Stress in Tobacco.
The Plant Cell, Vol. 13 (May): 1035-1046 (2001)
29. Shin R, Lee GJ, Park CJ, Kim TY, You JS, Nam YW, and Paek KH. (2001)
Isolation of pepper mRNAs differentially expressed during the hypersensitive response to tobacco mosaic virus
and characterization of a proteinase inhibitor gene.
Plant Science, Vol 161. Issue 4, Sep 2001, 727-737
28. Park CJ, Shin R, Park JM, Lee GJ, Yoo TH, and Paek KH. (2001)
A hot pepper cDNA encoding a pathogenesis-related protein 4 is induced during the resistance response to
Molecules and Cells, Vol. 11, No. 1(Feb): 122-127 (2001)
27. Kwon SY, An CS, Liu JR, Kwak SS, LeeHS, Kim JK and Paek KH. (2000)
Molecular Cloning of a cDNA Encoding Ribosome inactivating protein from Amaranthus viridis and its Expression in E.coli.
Molecules Cells.Vol. 10. No.1,pp.8-12 (2000)
26. Ham BK, Lee TH, You JS, Nam YW, Kim JK, and Paek KH. (1999)
Isolation of a putative tobacco host factor interacting with cucumber mosaic virus-encoded 2b protein by
yeast two-hybrid screening.
Molecules. Cells. 9(5):548-555 (1999)
25. Lee JH, Lee JW, Chung YY, Paek KH, Shin JS, Yun CH, and Kim JK. (1999)
Cloning and characterization of the chloroplast elongation factor EF-Tu cDNA of Oryza sativa L.
Molecules. Cells. 9(5):484-490 (1999)
24. Han SJ, Cho HS , You JS , Nam YW , Park EK, Shin JS, and Paek KH. (1999)
Gene silencing-mediated resistance in transgenic tobacco plants carrying potato virus Y coat protein gene.
Molecules. Cells. 9(4):376-383 (1999)
23. Park JM , Kwon SY, Song KB, Kwak JW, Lee SB , Nam YW, and Paek KH. (1999)
Transgenic tobacco plants expressing bacterial levansucrase gene show enhanced tolerance to osmotic stress.
Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 9(2):213-218 (1999)
22. Kim JY, Chung YS, Paek KH, Park YI, Kim JK, Yu SN, Oh BJ, and Shin JS. (1999)
Isolation and characterization of a cDNA encoding the cysteine proteinase inhibitor, induced upon flower maturation in
carnation using suppression subtractive hybridization.
Molecules. Cells. 9(4):392-397 (1999)
21. Kwon CS, Paek KH and Chung WI. (1998)
The 5' untranslated region of cucumber mosaic virus RNA4 confers highly competitive activity on heterologous luciferase
mRNA in cell-free translation.
FEBS Letters 422:89-93
20. Oh SA, Park JH, Lee GI, Paek KH, Park SK. and Nam HG. (1997)
Identification of three genetic loci controlling leaf senescence in Arabidopsis thaliana.
The Plant Journal 12(3):527-535 (1997)
19. Kim SJ, Lee SJ, Kim BD and Paek KH(1997)
Satellite RNA-mediated resistance to cucumber mosaic virus in transgenic plants of hot pepper
(Capsicum annuum cv. Golden Tower).
Plant Cell Reports (Springer Verlag, Germany), 16(12):825-830
18. Kwon SY, An CS, Liu JR and Paek KH (1997)
A ribosome-inactivating protein from Amaranthus viridis.
Bioscience, Biotechnology and Bioochemistry (Japan), 61(9):1613-1614
17. Kwon CS, Chung WI and Paek KH (1997)
Ribozyme mediated targeting of cucumber mosaic virus RNA 1 and RNA 2 in transgenic tobacco plants.
Molecules. Cells. 7(3):326-334
16. Kim SJ, Cho HS, You JS, Kwon SY, Park EK and Paek KH (1996)
Complete nucleotide sequence and phylogenetic classification of the RNA3 from cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) strain: Kor.
Molecules. Cells. 6(2):190-196
15. Kim SJ, Kim BD and Paek KH (1995)
Delay of disease development in transgenic petunia plants expressing cucumber mosaic virus I17N-satellite RNA.
Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science. 120(2):353-359
14. Jun SI, Kwon SY, Paek KY and Paek KH(1995)
Agrobacterium-mediated transformation and regeneration of fertile transgenic plants of Chinese cabbage
(Brassica campestris ssp. pekinensis cv. 'Spring Flavor').
Plant Cell Reports. 14(10):620-625
13. Kim SJ, Kim BD and Paek KH (1995)
In vitro translation inhibition and in vivo viral symptom development attenuation by cucumber mosaic virus
RNA3 cDNA fragments.
Molecules. and Cells. 5(1):65-71
12. Cho HS, Jun SI, Kwon SY, Park EK, Paek KY and Paek KH (1994)
Isolation and nucleotide sequence analysis of a partial cDNA clone for potato virus Y-VN(Korean isolate) genome.
Molecules. and Cells. 4(2):143-148
11. Lee SJ, Kim BD and Paek KH (1994)
Tomato plants transformed with cDNA of CMV I17N-satellite RNA differential resistance to CMV-K and CMV-Y.
Molecules. and Cells. 4(1):67-71
10. Kim YH, Park EK, Chae SY, Kim SS, Paek KH and Cho HS (1998)
Resistance to potato virus Y conferred by PVY replicase gene sequence in transgenic burley tobacco.
Journal of the Korean Society of Tobacco Science. 20(1):50-56
09. Chae SY, Park EK, Kim YH, Kim SS and Paek KH. (1998)
Characteristics of resistance to potato virus Y in transgenic tobacco plants mediated with complementary DNA (cDNA)
of PVY replicase mutant genes.
Journal of the Korean Society of Tobacco Science. 20(1):57-65
08. Park EK, Paek KH, You JS, Cho HS, Kang SW and Kim YH (1997)
Resistance charateristics of flue-cured tobacco plants transformed with cDNA of potato virus Y replicase gene.
Journal of Korean Society of Tobacco Science. 19(1):11-17
07. Kwon CS, Paek KH and Chung WI(1996)
Full-length cDNA cloning and nucleotide sequence analysis of cucumber mosaic virus (strain Kor) RNA2.
Journal of Plant Biology. 39(4):265-271
06. Lee HS, Kwon SY, Paek KH, Kim SW, Lee KW and Liu JR (1995)
Introduction of bean chitinase gene into Korean ginseng by Agrobacterium tumefaciens.
Korean Journal of Plant Tissue Culture 22(2):95-99
05. Kwon SY, Kim SJ, Hong JH, Han MH, Chung CH, Lee HS and Paek KH (1994)
Expression of antibody genes against human hepatitis-B virus in tobacco plant.
Korean Jorunal of Plant Tissue Culture 21:353-356
04. Paek KH, Cho HS, You JS and Kwon SY. (1994)
Chitinase induction of Arabidopsis thaliana.
Korean Journal of Plant Tissue Culture 21:357-361
03. Paek KH and Hahn KW (1991)
Development of virus resistance in transgenic tobacco plants that express cucumber mosaic virus satellite RNA.
Molecules. Cells 1: 295-300
02. Paek KH and Walker GC (1987)
Escherichia coli dnaK null mutants are inviable at high temperature.
Journal of Bacteriology. 169: 283-2900
01. Paek KH and Walker GC (1986)
Defect in expression of heat shock proteins at high temperature in xthA mutants.
Journal of Bacteriology. 165: 763-770