Associate Professor in Division of International Studies, 2020~present
Assistant Professor in Division of International Studies, 2018~2020
Assistant Professor in Department of Political Science, 2015-2018
Postdoctoral Researcher in Department of Political Science, 2013-2015
Ph.D. in Political Science, 2013
MA in International Relations, 2008
BA in International Relations, 2006
International/Comparative Political Economy; Globalization and Politics; Social/Labor Protection; Welfare State; Environmental State; Private Governance
19. Lim, Sijeong and Hyo Won Lee, Early View, “Why Not Bargain? The Domestic Politics of Utilizing the WTO's Dispute Settlement Mechanism”, Political Studies.
18.Lim, Sijeong and Seiki Tanaka, Early View, “Multifaceted Effects of Globalization on Welfare Attitudes: When Winners and Losers Join Forces”, British Journal of Politics and International Relations.
17. Lim, Sijeong and Seiki Tanaka, Early View, “The paradoxical effect of welfare knowledge: Unveiling income cleavage over attitudes to welfare in South Korea”, International Political Science Review.
16. Lee, Hyo Won and Sijeong Lim, 2020, “Public Feelings toward ASEAN: One Vision, One Identity, One Community?”, Asian Survey, 60(5):803–829.
15. Lim, Sijeong and Brian Burgoon, 2020,“Globalization and Support for Unemployment Spending in Asia: Do Asian Citizens Want to Embed Liberalism?”, Socio-Economic Review , 18(2):519-553 (Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (SASE) & EHESS France-Japan Foundation Best Paper Award).
14. Lim, Sijeong and Aseem Prakash, 2020, “How the opposing pressures of industrialization and democratization influence clean water access in urban and rural areas: A panel study, 1991–2010”, Environmental Policy and Governance, 30(4):182-195.
13. Lim, Sijeong, 2020, “Embedding technological transformation: the welfare state and citizen attitudes toward technology”, European Political Science Review, 12(1):67-89.
12. Wood, Geoffrey, Jared J Finnegan, Maria L Allen, Matthew M C Allen, Douglas Cumming, Sofia Johan, Manuel Nicklich, Takahiro Endo, Sijeong Lim, Seiki Tanaka, 2020, “Discussion Forum: The comparative institutional analysis of energy transitions”, Socio-Economic Review , 18(1): 257-294 (Read the contribution by Sijeong Lim and Seiki Tanaka: “Promoting social acceptance of energy transition: beyond Western societies”).
11. Lim, Sijeong and Seiki Tanaka, 2019, “Work Disincentive Perception and Welfare State Attitudes: Evidence from Survey Experiment in South Korea”, Governance 32(3): 457-473.
10. Lim, Sijeong, 2018, “Perceptions of unfairness and a weak universal welfare state in South Korea”, Japanese Journal of Political Science, 19(3):376-396.
9. Lim, Sijeong and Aseem Prakash, 2018, “Inter-Governmental Regimes and Recruitment to Private Regimes : GATT/WTO and the ISO, 1951-2005”, Global Policy, 9(3):352-364.
8. Lim, Sijeong and Andreas Duit, 2018, “Partisan Politics, Welfare States, and Environmental Policy Outputs in the OECD countries, 1975-2005”, Regulation & Governance, 12(2):220-237.
7. Lim, Sijeong and Aseem Prakash, 2017, “Do Economic Problems at Home Undermine Worker Safety Abroad?: A Panel Study, 1980-2009”, World Development, 96:562-577 (featured in the Washington Post’s Monkey Cage blog).
6. Lim, Sijeong and Aseem Prakash, 2017, “From Quality Control to Labor Protection: How ISO 9001 Influences Workplace Safety, 1993-2012”, Global Policy, 8(S3):66-77 (featured in the Regulatory Review).
5. Sommerer, Thomas and Sijeong Lim, 2016, “The Environmental State as a Model for the World? An Analysis of Policy Repertoires in 37 Western and Non-Western Countries”, Environmental Politics, 25(1):95-115.
4. Lim, Sijeong, 2015, “Financial Structures, Firms, and the Welfare States in South Korea and Singapore”, Business and Politics, 17(1):327-354.
2. Lim, Sijeong, Layna Mosley and Aseem Prakash, 2015, “Revenue Substitution? How Foreign Aid Inflows Moderate the Effect of Bilateral Trade Pressures on Labor Rights”, World Development, 67: 295-309.
1. Lim, Sijeong and Aseem Prakash, 2014, “Voluntary Regulations and Innovation: The Case of ISO 14001" , Public Administration Review, 73(2): 233-244.
Lim, Sijeong and Aseem Prakash, 2015, “Quantitative Comparative Analysis in Environmental Politics”, in Pattberg, Philipp and Fariborz Zelli (Eds.), the Encyclopedia of Global Environmental Politics and Governance, Edward Elgar Publishing, 148-155.
임시정, 2014,“환경규제 통일화의 지역성: 동아시아를 중심으로”, 민병원 조동준 편, 세계정치 21호:동아시아의 보편성과 특수성, 사회평론, 133-164.
Lim, Sijeong, 2013, Modes of Social Policy in the Developing World
International Relations (Undergraduate Core)
Issues in Sustainable Development (Undergraduate Elective)
World Politics (Master’s Core)
International Political Economy (Master’s Elective)
Public Diplomacy (Master’s Elective)
The Politics of Redistribution in the Developing World (Master’s Elective)
Obtained Dutch University Teaching Qualification (Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs, BKO)
International Relations (Master’s Core)
Comparative and International Politics (Research Master’s Core)
Globalization and Rights Protection in the Global South (Undergraduate and Master’s Elective)
Political Economy of Development Finance (Master’s Thesis Project)
Globalization and Inequality in the Developing World (Master’s Thesis Project)
Social Science Research Design (Master’s Core)
Global/Comparative Environmental Politics (Undergraduate and Master’s Elective)