Prof. Asif Hasan Qureshi
- About Professor
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1982. ~ 1985. Ph.D. London School of Economics, University of London
- 1980. ~ 1981. LL.M. London School of Economics, University of London
- 1974. ~ 1977. LL. B HONOURS, University of London
- 1969. ~ 1974. Syon School for Boys, Isleworth, Middlesex, UK
- Professor of International Economic Law, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- Editor-in-chief : Manchester Journal of International Economic Law
- Barrister : Quadrant Chambers, 10 Fleet Street, London, UK
- Member of the Roster of Non-Governmental Panellists eligible for Panel service, appointed by the Dispute Settlement Body of the World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Barrister. Called to the Bar Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn, UK. 1978.
- Advocate Sindh High Court, Pakistan Member Sindh High Court Bar Association, Karachi, Pakistan 2008
- Professor School of Law, Korea University ( From September 2012).
- Professor University of Manchester, UK (1985-2012).
- Barrister -- Quadrant Chambers, 10 Fleet Street, London, UK (since 1998)
- Consultancies involving various governments and international organisations on WTO/GATT law: Pakistan (1998,2000,2003), Saudi-Arabia (2001);GCC (1987);UNDP(1998);Asian Development Bank (2000);UNCTAD (2001); Commonwealth Secretariat (2001,2002,2003);Islamic Development Bank (1999); CTLD (2003); ICTSD (2003 & 2006); WTO (1999, 2004). Cambodia 2005; European Commission (2009); Republic Of Korea 2012.
- Adjunct Professor Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (2008-2010)
- Visiting Professor, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands (May 2006)
- Visiting Professor, Fudan Law School, Shanghai, China. (2003)
- Visiting Professor, Osaka University, Japan(November 2005)
- Visiting Professor, University of Malaya, Malaysia (July-August 2005) Visiting Professor, China-EU School of Law, Beijing, China (From 2009) Visiting Professor, Tsinghua University Law School, Beijing, China, (October 2009/April 2010)
- Visiting Professor, University of Lausanne, Law School, Switzerland, (November 2010).
- Visiting Professor, University of Korea, 2012
- Visiting Professor, University of Qatar July 2012.
- Visiting Scholar,Yale University (1992)
Ten books and over 80 articles, chapters, reports/reviews & editorials. Significant recent book publications include: (1) Asif H Qureshi & Andreas Zeigler International Economic Law (Sweet & Maxwell, Third Edition); (2) Asif H Qureshi & Xuan Gao (edited) International Economic Organizations and Law: The Perspective and Role of the Legal Counsel (Jointly edited with Xuan Gao). Kluwer Law International (2012); and (3) Asif H Qureshi Interpreting WTO Agreements (Cambridge University Press: 2006 and 2015 Second Edition).
Significant recent article publications include: (1) ‘International Trade for Development: the WTO as a Development Institution?’ 43:1 Journal of World Trade, February 2009; (2) ‘A Necessity Paradigm of ‘Necessity’ in International Economic Law,’ Netherlands Yearbook of International Law (Volume 41, 2010 pages 99-136). (Translated into Chinese and published in Chinese in the Journal of International Economic Law, Peking University Press, Volume 19, Number 4, 2012 pp.15-49); and (3) ‘Interpreting Exceptions in the WTO Agreement: Lessons from the New Haven School,’ Asia Pacific Law Review (APLR). Issue 1 of 2014.